One day at dawn I took a stroll by the seashore and noticed a number of dead Jellyfish washed ashore. They come in multitudes at this time of the year till about August (or Habagat).

These seemingly harmless sea creatures can be dangerous to swimmers. Once you get in contact with a jelly fish its tentacles leaves tiny stingers in the skin that release venom into the body. The sting causes itchiness, numbness or pain.

Here’s a simple remedy once stung:

  • Wash and rinse the affected area with sea water. Fresh water will induce the stingers to release more poison.
  • Soak the skin with vinegar for 15-30 mins.

Beware of these mysterious little guys!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.